For Sheri, quality relationships and compassion for others brings forth the most gratification for this woman of faith and encourager with a servant’s heart, who is inspired by Hebrews 10:24, “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds” (NIV).
Sheri’s interest in counseling stems back to the 1970’s, where she was a student mentor as an undergraduate at Morgan State University and obtained, a B.S. in both Social Work and Mental Health. Sheri went on to The Ohio State University, as an Academic Fellow, earning a Master’s of Social Work, concentrating in Program Planning & Policy Analysis and MA in Public Administration.
Sheri began a robust career with the Federal Government as a Presidential Management Intern, where she assumed progressive levels of responsibility to include supervisory and managerial positions in Leadership, Training and Organizational Development. Most recently serving in the capacities of Ombudsman, Diversity & Inclusion Programs Manager and member of the Critical Incident Stress Management team.
Sheri praises the Lord for husband, ordained clergyman and gospel recording artist, Reverend Dr. Anthony Brown, and their daughter, Shamara, a blossoming young woman of God in her own right. “They bless my life tremendously and are truly gifts of love from God.” Our family vision is, “a family where everybody feels God’s love and respects what God is doing in our lives individually and as a family.”
Sheri attends the Morning Star Baptist Church, Catonsville, MD, where she serves as Co-Chair of the Diaconate, is a Discipleship Program graduate and Couple’s Ministry Team Leader. Sheri credits the spiritual leadership of her pastor, Bishop Dwayne C. Debnam and Lady Carla Debnam as positioning her to accept the call to become a Pastoral Counselor. In 2004, Sheri graduated with an MS in Pastoral Counseling, as she prepared herself for Kingdom work according to God’s purpose. She is a Licensed, Clinical, Professional Counselor (LCPC), working with individual clients and families and has broad experience working with pre-marital, engaged and married couples. She is a certified PREPARE-ENRICH Counselor and Seminar Director, qualified to train and certify others.
Inspired by Bishop Debnam’s Sermon, “Gotta Do Something Different,” in January 2010 Sheri launched, Kairos Moments LLC, a counseling, coaching and consulting entity. In 2013, Sheri said “Yes to her Next,” transitioned from Federal Service and embarked upon her “New Season,” completely devoted to the mission of Kairos Moments. LLC, which is to help others take hold of “Life-Changing Moments” where purpose is realized, gifts are exercised and dreams fulfilled.
- MS, Pastoral Counseling, Magna Cum Laude, 2004, Loyola College In Maryland
- MSW, Program Planning and Policy Analysis, Magna Cum Laude, 1982, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- MA, Public Administration, Magna Cum Laude, 1982, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- BS, Social Work, Summa Cum Laude, 1980, Morgan State University, Baltimore, Maryland
- BS, Mental Health, Summa Cum Laude, 1980, Morgan State University, Baltimore, Maryland
- Title: Fellowship
- Abstract: Inspired by Hebrews 10: 24-25 (NIV) the author states that phrases such as “spur one another towards love and good deeds;” not give up meeting together:” and “encourage one another” personally resonate. The concept of fellowship is presented as a metaphor of pastoral counseling and a spiritual call to minister to others. Nurturance, destiny, empathy, compassion, trust, and wisdom are presented as underlying expressions of fellowship.
- Publication: Excerpts of the thesis incorporated in the writings of Dr. Robert Wicks in “Crossing the Desert: Learning to let go, see clearly and live simply,” (Chapter 5, Be Grateful, pages 70-72). 2007, SORIN Books, Notre Dame, Indiana
- Approved Supervisor - Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC)
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC)
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselors of Maryland (LCPCM)
- Red Cross Disaster Mental Health Volunteer, Chesapeake Regional Disaster Team and Howard County Disaster Action Team
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW - Maryland Chapter)
- International Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (IAMFT)
- NASA Critical Incident Stress Management Team Member
- Founder/President, Kairos Moments, LLC
- Counselor, Pro Bono Counseling Project
- Board Member, Dream 4 It Foundation
- Seminar Director, PREPARE/ENRICH
- Certified PREPARE/ENRICH Facilitator
- National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- American Counseling Association (ACA)